How did I ever agree to this people!
I ruined every family portrait as a child- ask my precious Mom. She never says a bad word about a soul, but she also can't lie, so she'll back me up on this... I freeze in front of the camera, I truly do. If it's just me and the camera on a tripod, I'm fine because I have full control over the "Delete" button so no one else has to witness the travesty. But when someone else has a camera, I will do about anything, to avoid it. Next to my fear of spiders and video cameras, a camera comes in a close third.
But my friends Zach and Jody from Gray Photography came to me early this month and said "We want to do a photoshoot of you, as a gift." My first thought was "Say what? Why...?" I was just blown away by their generosity and the amazing offer. And I knew, fear or not, I couldn't turn an offer this good down....
On top of all of that, Belk is providing the wardrobe, so I can play dress up for a day- props to their Stylist & Personal Shopper, Nancy Baird for all her help! And as an extra bonus, my amazing friend Amy Stanfield is doing my makeup and coming along for the ride. Zach and Jody will be shooting and Amy will spend most of the time trying to distract me so I forget I'm getting my picture taken. It'll be a lot of me saying, "Aims- tell me a story, make a funny face, do a jig, or something!" I feel sorry for her already. Maybe I should have her bring squeaky toys like you do with a baby? That would definitely be a new low for both of us...
After this, I have no doubt I will have loads more empathy for my subjects when they're nervous. But Zach and Jody are pros and both of them make me feel SUPER comfortable (as shown by the pictures of Jody and I in the last post), so I'm hoping not to let them down. We'll be shooting in a rad restaurant in downtown Franklin and then I think we're just flying by the seat of our pants. So who knows where we'll end up! Can't wait to show you the pics and I have lots of new shoots to post so be on the lookout. I'm really trying to get better at this blogging thing!
Love to you all!! =)
P.S. You HAVE to check out Zach and Jody's work! If you're ever in need of a wedding photographer you must call them! They're fun and cool as all get out and their work is just flawlessly beautiful!

4 comments:
Good stuff! And I'm sure the pics will come out great!
I know Nancy! She helped me out, cool!
i'd give anything to come help do something... anything! i'd love to offer some craftiness somewhere so if yo ucan think of something... send it my way..
Girl - you were amazing and no one would have been the wiser that you were a little unsure of having your own shoot done. You were amazing and look stunning!
Post a Comment