Sunday, December 21, 2008

Angels and Peppermint Tea

As I sit here, the steam from my peppermint tea tickles my nose, and the fireplace next to my desk roars, keeping me nice and toasty. And on top of that, I'm watching one of my favorite movies, The Family Man. It's one of those perfect moments... I should be cleaning my place, but blogging is still being productive, right? ;-)

Well, I had the privilege of shooting one of my best girlfriends, Susan, yesterday. The weekend's weather didn't look promising so we both woke up Saturday morning afraid to look out the window. The day's high was supposed to be in the fifties, which was cold, but more bearable than our alternative of shooting today, which was a high of 34. Can I just say "I don't think so!" Both of us can practically wear a sweater in the summer (ok, I'm exaggerating just a bit), so just the thought of shooting on Sunday gave us the shivers!!!


But after all our apprehension about the weather it ended up being my absolute DREAM weather to shoot in. Overcast, moody, soft, wintery light. It was Beautiful! The temperature ended up being in the upper forties but Susan was such a trooper and braved it! And the rain held off until right around sunset- the Lord couldn't have timed it better!

Here is a sneak peek of the shoot- More to come after Christmas!


Photobucket



Merry Christmas to you all!
With much love,
Mel

3 comments:

WILL said...

Beautiful! You're right about the sky. What pretty coloring. Have a safe and happy Christmas!
- Laurie

Evan Baines said...

This is a very nice shot!

georgia b. said...

just amazing, Mel! i love this post! magical and sweet and perfect for the season!!! and this is one gorgeous picture!

thank you for your Christmas wishes!

i'm so glad to have this form of communication with my friend i've never met—you!

have a very very merry Christmas and New Year.
XOX
g.