Friday, February 19, 2010

Elise & An Incline

Well, I'm impossibly behind on blogging, as evidenced by these next two shoots- both shot in the Fall. This first one was with one of my dear friends, Lauri, and her little girl, Elise.

Check out these shots that were shot at a beautiful park in Nashville that Lauri loved. I don't remember the name of the park, but I do remember the pain from that day. Basically, it held a former Texan's worst nightmare...

AN INCLINE.

It was the hill that never seemed to end. And worst of all, nobody could tell me when it ended. Trust me, I flagged down every single passerby to ask and nobody could tell me how far we had to go. Poor Lauri (who was lugging a CHILD around, mind you) kept looking over at my slightly terror stricken face and asking me if I was ok. My only consolation was that soon we'd have to be going downhill, right? Right? Anybody??....


Photobucket

Think this was right before she crawled into my lap and went for the camera. =)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All I can say is that no matter how hard you try to keep them from sticking random objects in their mouths, it's a losing battle. They're faster than you are. Guaranteed! ;-)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite shot from the shoot (shot right into the sun for this one)...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was so cute. Lauri put Elise on her shoulders and all Elise wanted to do was just kiss her Mom's cheek. Precious!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at those two front teeth... ;-)
Photobucket


This shoot is special to me because we prayed for this little one, for a
long time before Lauri ever found out she was pregnant. He is truly the God who hears us. Nothing is impossible with Him, nothing!


But I call to God,and the Lord saves me...He hears my voice.
-Ps 55:16-17


What is impossible with men IS possible with God.
-Luke 18:27



6 comments:

Christine said...

The one that's your favorite from this shoot is absolutely stunning and priceless. You have such a way of capturing eyes in particular - so talented Mel :)

Erin Melissa Photography said...

Mel, The color that you capture is AMAZING!!! You never cease to amazing me!

Jessi Walton said...

LOVE the last one with her 2 little teeth!

alece said...

these are such great pictures. you capture personalities so beautifully!

Rochelle said...

Love these pics!!

And hey, after a dark, dreary, wet, snowy, cold winter...it was actually pretty fun to see the bright colors and greens of Fall! :) So don't beat yourself up over it. We enjoyed it :)

Krystle said...

I love this session! What a beautiful time and you captured it wonderfully. Keep up the great work!