To this day I count her as family, and one of my dearest and best friends. We have seen each other through the absolute worst and the best of times... I love, love, LOVE this girl and seriously praise the Lord for bringing her into my life. He knew I needed a deep thinking, transparent, big hug giving, gentle warrior to challenge me, laugh with me, and just live life with me.
A few months back Michele and her identical twin sister Melanie, and their sweet Mom, hired me to do a shoot of the two of them as a present for their Dad. The lovely and talented photographers Sarah and Christi Sidwell came along with us to help out as we traipsed around downtown Nashville, laid in the middle of streets, climbed on the side of buildings, anything to get the perfect shot! Here are the images we got - hope you like them! =)


These two laughed the ENTIRE shoot pretty much. I have more images of them laughing than I do smiling. It made for one of the funnest shoots I've ever had. They had me in stitches most of the shoot....



Michele

Melanie





Christi took this shot and I just LOVE it! Great job girlie!!







This was shot at high noon pretty much where the sun was directly overhead so there was no getting this shot and completely blocking the harsh light overhead. So instead of trying, we used the diffuser and reflector for a different purpose (see below)...

Christi and Sarah fanning the two girls to help give that windblown look- you two rock!! =)

I love this shot because it captures them so well and because I wasn't even looking through the viewfinder when I shot it. I was holding the camera out in front of me and just shooting away as I moved the camera around at all kinds of odd angles. Just wanted to see what I could capture when I wasn't looking... ;-)

6 comments:
Ah, a shot at Sub Stop! I've been dying to do a session there with the beautiful pink and turquoise walls!
oh my goodness! these ladies are so precious and the pictures are so great!!
I love town photos! I've got a background near me that you HAVE to use! Call me. Seriously.
You are too sweet, Mel. I love you, appreciate you, and am so very proud of who you are AND what you do.
These look great!! The colors are amazing!
that there is one of the most beautiful girls i've ever known!! although i don't know melanie as well as i know michele, i have a feeling she is just as beautiful inside as michele is. and all you have to do is look at these amazing pictures to see she is outwardly just as darling.
i love the close-up of michele! i don't recall seeing that one on fb or the link m. sent me of the shoot at your web site. just beautiful!
and may i just say once again? you are amazing! you talent with taking photos and processing blows my mind! such a gift you have, my dear. and you found theeee very best spots as backdrops to these impeccably dressed ladies!
Post a Comment