Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rumor of a "Carnival"...

I heard rumor last week through a few friends that there was a carnival in town. I was shocked I hadn't heard about it. Then I found out WHY... It was at the local mall, in the parking lot. Yep, in the mall's parking lot.

But STILL, it was a carnival and needed to be checked out. So Saturday evening, with two precious girlfriends and camera in tow, I headed to the carnival. It was actually pretty cool and made for some fun pictures!! Next step: bring on the real deal (well as close to it as TN will get ;))- the Williamson County Fair.... =)

Stay tuned for another blog to come soon!


Suzy ordering the best corn dog ever- they actually "painted" them with ketchup and mustard- never seen that before!
Photobucket

Pooh, my favorite... :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Funnel Cakes- be still my heart... ;-)Photobucket

Photobucket
Susan
Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

erintumlin.blogspot.com said...

LOVE your carnival pictures! kayla and I wanted to go soooo badly but we got there and were too cheap to spend $20 on the wristband for the hour we had left.
boooo ... glad we got to enjoy it through you.

Unknown said...

Ok, your mad skills + your amazing camera = fantasticness.

:) I love these!

AND your header photo is gorgeous - so pretty.

Talk to you soon girl!

MCCOY MADE said...

How fun!!! Great color for night shots (**clears throat**), were they taken with the D3?? =) Looks like a fun time!!!! Carnival food is the best (even though it's technically the worst). Big hugs to you Mel!!

georgia b. said...

hi, girlie!

these are absolutely incredible, but then i am not one bit surprised.

how fun is to finally put a face and personality with the name and words i read on this blog and to say i know the person behind the camera!

it was such a pleasure to meet you and pray with you. you are a gift.

big hugs.
g.

Eva said...

I dropped on over here from Georgia's blog and what a delight! I love your pictures! Who knew a parking lot carnival could look so cool! I drove by it the other day and it made me start drooling for cotton candy. Now I want a funnel cake too! :)

Gray Photography - Zach and Jody - Nashville Wedding Photography said...

AH! Lucky duck!!!! We SOO wanted to go, but missed out on it. Booo! Cute pics :) (BTW - I don't think I've said it yet - LOVE your header!!!!) -JG

The Velvet Trunk said...

Thanks everybody for the sweet comments!! =)

Jody- the header photo is fabulous b/c a certain photographer (who you happened to be married to) shot it! ;-)

Grey Street Girl- do you live here? And how do you know Georgia? =)

Eva said...

I live out in Bellevue/West Nashville. Georgia and I stumbled onto each other's blogs through friends.

I think we missed each other at the Loveless when Georgia visited last weekend. :)

Robyn Jones Clark said...

yes.. these are fabooooollllooouuussss... you really are talented... i'm always inspired.. maybe one day i will finally get to move to nashville and live in your great shadow and learn from you! ;) haha...

Rochelle said...

You take such amazing pictures ~ these are so great!! And now I'm officially hungry for a funnel cake.....