Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Big Pile of Leaves...

Some of you may remember me telling you about my anniversary last year. Well, it was a month ago, today. For some reason though, this particular day seems to last all Fall. Maybe because of the wind and the leaves and wonder of it all...I don't know what it is with me and leaves and the wind but when I drive down a hill and the wind and the leaves swoosh over my car I scream in delight. Literally scream. It probably looks like I'm being attacked or something by passers by...lol...Now if only I could find a HUGE pile of leaves at the bottom of a big hill to drive through, that would be just perfect... ;-)

Well, a little over a year ago Fellowship told me they wanted to tell my story, so they got the extremely talented and humble Scott Moore with Surge Digital to capture it. Hope it encourages you!

Love to you all!
-Mel


7 comments:

Robyn Jones Clark said...

beautiful! i'm so glad to have met and known you. i feel like i've gotten to see god work in your life. :) it's so wonderful the people god puts in our lives. our stories are similar in so many ways!

georgia b. said...

wow, melanie. chills. tears. wow.

i miss your smile and voice and loving spirit. glad to have seen them all on film.

Ariana said...

emailing you a comment on FB.

Michele said...

I think you're catching a bit of that warrior spirit yourself, Mel. Or another way to say it, you're being conformed to the image of Christ!

Susan Charnley said...

Mel - thank you for sharing your life and talents with the rest of us. We're all glad you're still here! You are a bright light.

Anonymous said...

this was so beautiful. YOU are so beautiful. you radiate Christ. i see Him in your smile. in your eyes. i hear Him in your words. in your tone. i feel Him in your story. in your love.

i hope you found that huge pile of leaves to drive through.

Jeanne Fullmer said...

Thank you for sharing your story.
I had no idea of your struggles. You radiate the Lord through your strength, your wisdom and your smile. I felt Him in your story and I see him as well in your love.

Now....everytime I see the leaves dancing in the wind...I will think of you and smile...and thank God that you are here and that my family has been blessed to know you.